If you are interested in knowing the body language of men, then this article is for you as it is an ultimate guide. So, what is it anyway? The body language doesn’t only mean the literal body posture, but it includes every little detail related to your body movements. These movements include facial expressions, eye movements, gestures, touch, and breathing frequency as well.
It’s important to point out that body languages are indeed different for men and women. That, of course, has to do with the fact that their emotions function differently. Men, in particular, tend to have a rather difficult body language to read. They tend to talk less, and their body language gives away little as compared to female body language.
This, in particular, is very bad for a relationship when things aren’t exactly perfect. Men tend to cut out communication at ease and, hence, you are left to guess what exactly it is that is bothering them to mend your relationship together through their body language.
Here are some tips to read men’s body language and what they mean.
Posture, in general, is very crucial in men and the way they stand generally dictates what mood they are in. Posture and stance are very important in men’s body language; it’s one the key areas where they show more non-communication signs than any other part of their body languages. It’s therefore crucial that you know what they mean.
- An angry or aggressive posture: an angry stance means that He will push his weight forward. The legs are usually close to each other with the dominant leg forward or leading by a half-step or so. This represents an angry or aggressive mood that they are in. Also their chin and head will usually tilt forward to cover their neck.
- A worried or defensive posture: if you are looking for signs to understand if he’s worried, look if he leans away from other people. A worrying posture usually means that his feet will also turn away pointing towards an exit point. The shoulders will also raise, and the arms will be either clasped or closed in front.
- Hand gestures
Hand gestures are a simpler way of reading a men’s body language. A man’s hand position and all the small gestures can give away a lot to their thoughts.
- Hiding the palms: if He is hiding his palms by curling his fists or facing them inward, it is usually an indication of an aggressive nature. This should be your clue that He’s probably not in the best mood.
- Touching face: touching face frequently or out-of-order face touching usually is an indication of anxiety or dishonesty. Look at the kids, for example; they quickly cover their mouth after they say something bad or lie.
- Touching back of the head: touching the back of the head frequently usually is a sign that He is in need of a comforting or soothing hug.
- Open palms: open palms are often an indication of honesty and sincerity. It indicates a sign of openness and willingness to listen, so if you’re looking for a good time to strike up a productive discussion with him, look for the sign.
- Eye movements
Reading a person’s eye to look for any clues about their mood or attitude is probably the most common body language in men. Due to this, there are, however, many “myths” about reading someone’s feelings through their eye language or eye gestures. For example, “a person who looks to and fro restlessly while talking is an indication of lying” in most cases is not true. Anyone especially men (no offence) who has the habit of lying will look you dead in the eye while lying in an effort to fake sincerity and honesty.
Eye movements are often hard to notice, and you have to really invest a good deal of concentration to read Him. Also, eye movements are momentary, and everything happens in quick succession, so it’s usually hard for men to fake out their eye movements. Its involuntary and it’s the truth that you see.
- Gaze: if a man gazes at you directly into your eyes when you talk, it usually means that He is interested and paying attention. On the other hand, prolonged gaze can also spell danger or that He’s bored of the talk. Also with men, if you find them gazing above your eyes, it means that they feel superior or dominant than you.
- Wider gaze: a wider gaze focussing on the whole face as opposed to a particular area is an indication that He is giving you a more intimate kind of attention. This usually denotes a positive feeling which is good (or bad, depending on your situation).
- Blinking: this is rather a common body language. Most people associate blinking with lying, but it depends on the frequency of blinking. If He blinks quickly or slowly frequently, it indicates stress or agitation. While frequent slow blinks just mean He’s tired.
Mouth expression is again one of the essential factors that can prove helpful while reading a man’s body language. Although an anticipated or pre-planned lie may not affect their mouth expression, in most cases, they tend to ignore their mouth expression, and that’s when you swoop in.
- Biting lip: if He bites his lips frequently while talking, it is usually an indication that they are under stress or worried.
- Pursed lips: pursed lips or tightening of lips is a clear indication that He is not interested in the conversation. This can also mean distrust, so He may be doubting everything that you say. It’s a clear clue to drop any conversation that you may be having at that time.
- Turned Up or down: minor mouth movement can tell you if He is feeling happy or sad. If his mouth is slightly turned up, it usually means He is happy or feeling optimistic. On the other hand, a slight turned down mouth indicates that He is sad or annoyed.